As many of you know, my son Matthew was diagnosed with Burkitt’s Lymphoma in November 2008, when he was just two years old. After undergoing emergency surgery, Matthew spent almost a year at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) receiving intensive chemotherapy which was, as you can imagine, an incredibly difficult time for Matthew and our family, including me, my wife, Diane, Matthew’s big brother Will, and our entire extended family. Thankfully, Matthew’s treatment was successful and he has been in remission for almost seven years. However, Matthew, like many of his fellow survivors, will live the rest of his life with long-term side effects of his treatment, including a compromised immune system and heart damage. Matthew’s experience has made my family profoundly grateful for the treatments available to fight blood cancers, and also painfully aware of how much work remains to be done.
For these reasons, I am thrilled to have the opportunity help the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) in its mission to find cures for blood cancers and to assist patients and families as they battle this disease. Each year, LLS launches its Man & Woman of the Year (MWOY) fundraising campaign, and I am honored to have been nominated as a 2016 Man of the Year candidate.
The MWOY campaign is a ten-week fundraising campaign that runs from March 29 until June 10. I have a fabulous campaign team which consists of my wife, Diane Hauser; my sister, Barb Craig, my sister-in-law, Natalie Ely, and my close friends Stephen Brown, Andrew Hanlon, Jamea Campbell, Brian Roman and Susan Rheingold. Each team members has his/her own personal reasons for supporting LLS and I am honored to have each of them on my team. Our goal is to raise $50,000 during this campaign, which will directly support LLS in its longstanding mission.
YOU can be a part of our RACE TO $50K by:
1. Making a tax-deductible contribution by clicking on the DONATE NOW button on this page or by mailing a check payable to LLS to LLS, 100 North 20th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19103. When writing a check, please include "Team Bill Hauser" in the memo field. Also, do not forget about company matching gift programs.
2. Sponsoring or attending the MWOY Grand Finale Gala on June 10 at the Loews Philadelphia Hotel. Companies or individuals may sponsor, buy tables or purchase tickets. For more information, click on the BECOME A SPONSOR and PURCHASE EVENT TICKETS buttons on this page.
3. Donating an item (e.g. vacation home rental, sports memorabilia, tickets to an event, etc.) for the silent auction which will be held at the Grand Finale Gala on June 10.
4. Telling your friends and business associates about my campaign through social media, phone calls, email, etc. and encouraging them to do the same. Tag your posts with #RaceTo50K and #MWOYPhilly.
5. Attending one of our upcoming fundraising events listed below. All of these events will be both ACTIVE and FUN!
Below is a short video from Matthew describing his experience with cancer and thanking you for your support.
On behalf of my entire family and campaign team, I greatly appreciate your support of my campaign and efforts to further LLS's mission.
|May 18, 2016||
BMRC Prediction Run
Bryn Mawr Running Co., Bryn Mawr, PA
|May 21, 2016||
Adult Dodgeball Tournament
GVBL Center, Malvern, PA
|June 7, 2016||
Laps For LLS Swim-A-Thon
Chester Valley Golf Club, Malvern, PA