I have been given the opportunity of a lifetime to help the more than one million Americans who are living with blood cancers. Each year The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, National Capital Area Chapter launches its Man & Woman of the Year fundraising campaign. This year I am a candidate for Man of the Year. During this campaign from March 23 to June 3, our team goal is to raise $100,000 which will go directly to LLS in support of its longstanding mission to find a cure for blood cancers and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
I am doing this to support my friend Allen Martin and Van Yuetter and all those fighting blood cancers. Like many of you, I have witnessed first-hand the debilitating effects that Leukemia, Lymphoma, Hodgkin’s disease and myeloma can have on those who suffer from these blood diseases and on the friends and family who care for and nurture their loved ones. In fact, leukemia still causes more deaths among children than any other cancer.
I have been involved with the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society starting in high school, where I helped my school raise over $40,000 in just Four weeks, to now where I donate my white blood cells once a month to be supercharged and planted into patients to help them fight off the cancer cells.
Our team name is Dan of the Year and we are going to raise $100,000 in 10 weeks as well as get 5-10 people signed up and committed to donating their white blood cells. For more information or to sign up to donate your white blood cells e-mail Sarah Ramirez at email@example.com.
Other ways to help us achieve our goal are:
- Donate to our team directly at www.danoftheyear.com (Look to see that your company can match your donation).
- Come to one or more of our many awesome events.
- Become a Sponsor at any level. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-Ob2euGOEgQekJibVNBaHVYRDg/view?usp=sharing
- Buy a seat or a table at the end of the year Gala (June 3rd Marquis Marriott) https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-Ob2euGOEgQZ1duTXN0ajQ2RTA/view?usp=sharing
- Buy an advertisement in our program book at the end of the year gala. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-Ob2euGOEgQZ1duTXN0ajQ2RTA/view?usp=sharing
- Give a cool item or get-a-way for us to auction off at the Gala. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-Ob2euGOEgQLVlwRDJUR050eDg/view?usp=sharing
- Tell all your friends and family to donate. Every penny counts!
- Logistical info including tax deductions, etc.
All donations must be received by JUNE 3rd.
Thank you to all my family and friends for their support through these 10 weeks!
For additional information, please go to www.mwoy.org/nca.